Good evening and Happy Memorial Day weekend! I got lucky with 4 days off … woo hoo! So since I had the day off, I found myself making these adorable little do it yourself pinwheels that I found on The Wedding Chicks blog a few days ago. They are super easy, fun, and can be used as decorations in weddings, bridal showers, parties, just about anything! I’m thinking these would be cute at my bridal shower 🙂
Supplies you’ll need:
Sheets of 12″ x 12″ lightweight decorative paper
12″ wooden dowels
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Begin by cutting 6″ inch squares out of your paper.
2. Lay your paper pattern side down, and use your ruler to draw diagonal lines from each corner to make an “X”.
3. Mark the center of your square by poking a hole through it with your pushpin.
4. From the center, mark 1 inch up, then cut along the diagonal lines from all 4 corners, stopping at the 1 inch mark you made.
5. Use your pushpin to make a hole in the right hand corner of each side of the square, just to the left of the line you just cut.
6. One by one bring each corner into the center and stick the pin through each one of the holes and set aside.
7. Make a hole, using your pushpin, 1/2 inch down from the top of the dowel.
8. Put a drop of hot glue on the hole, and insert the pin that goes through the pinwheel center into the glue and dowel.
And there you have it! Isn’t that the cutest thing?! I love it!
Here’s a few pics I took of the final project:
DIY Project created by Viva L’Event, a wedding and event planning company … thanks guys!
Hope everyone has an awesome Memorial Day weekend! Thank you to all who have served and gave their lives for our country!
I’ve got so many things to share with you all this weekend, so check back soon!