Happy Friday and Happy Easter weekend! He has Risen!
I love these little egg cups filled with pretty spring flowers, don’t you?
Have a fabulous weekend!
Hello and Happy Easter weekend! I have the cutest DIY Easter project to share and I would know because I (with mom’s help) made it! Featured on Poppytalk, this adorable little Easter egg bunting is fun, easy to create, and makes for the sweetest Easter decoration. I modified the directions just a tad bit but the end result was just as cute!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Bits of your favorite fabric
Sewing machine or white pencil
1. Cut six to ten strips of paperboard in about 5 x 3.5 inch pieces and fold in half with wrong sides together.
2. Create an Easter egg template. I found mine on the internet here.
3. Use the template to create the egg outline on each strip.
4. Cut out egg shape with exacto knife or scissors (I used scissors because it was easier for me).
5. Repeat for each egg.
6. Cut fabric or trim to fit cardboard piece, this is the fun part 🙂
7. You can either glue or sew around the egg to secure, whatever is easiest for you!
8. Make sure before you seal the cardboard to place yarn or ribbon into the cardboard piece to hold the banner up.
Aren’t they the cutest?!
And here’s the one that I, well my mom and I made! I think it came out pretty darn cute – I love it!
Sorry for posting this so late, but you still have time to make one for Easter! And a special thanks to my mom for letting me use her supplies. Wishing everyone a great Easter with family and friends, and don’t forget the real reason we celebrate!
Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in spring-time. ~Martin Luther